July 27, 2012

JUDGE SETS DAY IN AVATAR LAW SUIT


It is often that Hollywood gets trapped in a series of lawsuits regarding movie rights, scripts originality or copyrights among other things.

Avatar was not the exception, as one writer is affirming 2 of his screenplays are very similar to the this movie. So, here is the new. Please tell me what you think about this.


Via E-Squared communications

Moore v Lightstorm Entertainment hearing announced
WASHINGTON, DC – July 27, 2012 – Maryland U.S. District Court Judge has
set a hearing date of January 28, 2013 to rule on a motion to dismiss the
lawsuit filed by screen writer Bryan Moore. The hearing has been assigned
to Judge Roger Titus and will begin at 10am, in Courtroom 2C, 6500
Cherrywood Lane, Greenbelt, Maryland.

Moore’s lawsuit is based on two separate screenplays: “Aquatica” and
"Descendants: The Pollination". There are hundreds of striking
similarities between the screen plays and Avatar that stretches logic and
transcend coincidence. That coupled with the fact that the screenplays
authored by Moore were registered by the Screenwriters Guild well before
Cameron submitted his version.
Donald Temple of Temple Law Offices represents plaintiff Bryan Moore. “The
evidence presented during this hearing will show that our claim is
formidable and real. Despite Mr. Cameron’s dismissive remarks the record
will prove that Avatar was extrapolated from Moore’s writings and ideas.

“I worked extremely hard on my screenplays to create them and put them in
hands of people that I believe would be able to make them come to life”
said Bryan Moore. “I’m looking forward to having my day in court.”


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to participate in a contest for among the finest blogs on the web. I'll advocate this web site!

Anonymous said...

For latest information you have to visit the web and on the web I found
this site as a most excellent web site for most up-to-date updates.
My page :: amber leaf

Anonymous said...

What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found
It positively useful and it has aided me out loads.
I am hoping to contribute & aid different users like its helped me.

Good job.
Also visit my weblog ... cheap villas in turkey

Anonymous said...

I'm watching the argument at this very moment.

Anonymous said...

Quality content is the main to be a focus for the visitors to go to see the site,
that's what this website is providing.

my webpage :: zocuri online